Last week I did something that absolutely broke my heart. I let go of a guy I really really liked. This wasn’t the situation where I actually didn’t care about him
Next came someone I thought was my friend. I guess when it rains it pours, right? How this person made me feel was heavy, draining even. Kind of how it felt when I was dating an extremely manipulative person. Everything I said especially explaining how I feel was turned into me being the perpetrator and them playing the victim. I felt trapped. Constant conversations of being told I need to chill. “Stop being so sensitive..stop taking things so seriously.”
I had enough and honestly stopped caring about their emotions and put myself first . What was happening felt toxic to my peace of mind ,my emotions were a burden I honestly didn’t need .
This is the thing though. I am an observant person. Which means I analyse situations from all angles faster than I communicate.
So here are my FAUX PAS for what kind of people. You need to let go of in your life!
- People who label you as “Too Sensitive “
- People who make you feel like your emotions are not valid. Only theirs are.
- People who offend you then play the victim.
- People who make you feel like you need to change yourself to be accepted
- People who offend you or constantly do things that hurt you and always say extravagant sorrys because they know you’ll forgive them
I get it might be hard to let go of people, I was scared to be alone. Losing them would be hard, is hard. However, it is better to be on your own than be with people who don’t make you feel loved, understood or loved.